Internship: Cricket World Cup 2015Posted: September 11, 2013
Media and PR Internship
Fourteen countries spanning one fifth of the world’s population will compete for it. Hundreds of millions will view it. And just one team will make it happen. The ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 is cricket’s premier flagship event, which will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand in February and March 2015.
To ensure the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 sets a world class benchmark in sporting event delivery across the two nations, we are building a Local Organising Committee in our Melbourne (Australia) and Wellington (New Zealand) offices who will shape this world-class sporting event throughout the full lifecycle.
We now have an exciting Internship opportunity for a PR, Communications or Journalism student to join our team and help make the Cricket World Cup a reality! This Internship will provide a meaningful opportunity to learn about the communications (Media and PR) and community engagement involved in the planning and implementation of a major event, as well as an understanding of our organisational function and program activities.
Within this Internship you will support with the following:
- Develop content for digital assets and traditional media
- Complete research to support media advisories, bios, reports and other initiatives
- Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting of a wide range of coverage
- Assist with compiling databases for community groups, cricket associations and venues to activate our community engagement strategy
- Assist with the preparation of media, stakeholder and community engagement materials (including newsletters, presentations etc)
- Update media and stakeholder lists
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently studying PR, Communications or Journalism (minimum second year)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing and editing on a wide range of platforms (with strong attention to detail)
- Understanding of Public Relations principles (including building media and stakeholder lists)
- Strong understanding of the digital space including Social Media
- Advanced MS Word and Excel ability, and a practical problem solving approach
Overall we are looking a positive and team focused attitude, and the ability to show strong initiative. You should have exceptional organisational skills, and the ability to juggle conflicting priorities within a high pressure major event environment.
To apply for this opportunity in this truly global event please send a Cover Letter (addressing the key criteria) and Resume in one document to Anna.Blackett@cricketworldcup.com. We will be considering applications as they come in, so please apply in the first instance.
Download the PD here: Cricket World Cup 2015 – Media and PR Internship